- The Guardian Releases its University League Table for 2018
Cambridge remains on top in the Guardian University Guide League table and Liverpool Hope leapfrogs over University of Liverpool for the first time.
- University Fees Increase
Nearly all universities in England will be able to introduce annual increases to tuition fees until 2020, in a deal which pushes legislation through Parliament before the general election.
- MPs Report Warns of University 'Brain Drain' Due to Brexit
A report from MPs has said that University staff from EU countries should be guaranteed a right to stay and work in the UK after Brexit to avoid a "damaging brain drain".
- Government Confirms Funding for EU Students for 2018 to 2019
EU students applying to university in the 2018 to 2019 academic year will continue to remain eligible for financial support, it has been announced.
- Government to Launch ‘T Levels’ to Revolutionise Post-Secondary Technical Education
New awards are designed to place technical education in the same esteem as A levels.
- Record number of Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students at England’s Universities
Figures reveal a particularly large rise in the number of postgraduate students, bolstered by the introduction of postgraduate loans in June 2016.
- UCAS Reveals a 7% Decline in Applications from EU Students
Figures also indicate a sharp fall in applications from mature students and those studying nursing.
- Government Aims to Establish ‘Credible Alternative’ to University
Government's Industrial Strategy provides funding for new institutes for school leavers designed to address the nation’s skills shortage.