- Government to Launch ‘T Levels’ to Revolutionise Post-Secondary Technical Education
New awards are designed to place technical education in the same esteem as A levels.
- Record number of Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students at England’s Universities
Figures reveal a particularly large rise in the number of postgraduate students, bolstered by the introduction of postgraduate loans in June 2016.
- UCAS Reveals a 7% Decline in Applications from EU Students
Figures also indicate a sharp fall in applications from mature students and those studying nursing.
- Government Aims to Establish ‘Credible Alternative’ to University
Government's Industrial Strategy provides funding for new institutes for school leavers designed to address the nation’s skills shortage.
- UK Falls Behind Canada in Survey of Most Desirable Places to Study
Study suggests Brexit largely to blame for UK’s slip in the rankings, although the US has fallen further.
- Decline in International Student Numbers in UK
Large rise in number of Chinese students masks sharp fall in number of students coming from India.
- One in Four Graduates Gaining First Class Degrees
Record numbers of undergraduates are leaving university with highest grades, but employers may be less reliant on degree classification.
- Survey Reveals Academics Concerns over Brexit and Higher Education Bill
UCU survey suggests academics are more likely to consider leaving the UK as a result of Brexit.